Monday, May 14, 2018

in the $642 is not pocket change department...

An apt nautical analogy , just the same old same another day/another lie, and some news in the "timey-whimey" department...

Some recent changes from Egypt got me thinking about the shifting sands of bureaucratic attitudes to boats visiting their countries.

On one hand, I get the inclination to tax wealthy visitors who come riding in on castles built of amazing, by their standards, disposable income. While, on the other hand I admit to rankling somewhat when my less-than-ostentatious vessel gets caught in the same net...

Whatever your view I'm pretty sure a $652 fee to clear out becomes a not going to go there note in most folks travel plans.

And people wonder why I hate the word y-a-c-h-t?

Listening to Frightened Rabbit (Scott Hutchison will be missed)

So it goes...